Nice to meet ya, and welcome to Everyday Tweet where small actions is better than doing zero. Our goal is to help people live more authentic lives in small ways as we believe that tiny actions reap doable results to help you achieve long term successes with your life goals. We like teensy actions because most of us are time crunched, attention squeezed, and lovers of instant gratification.
We like Twitter because it too is small (140 characters of text), easy, and actionable. I've been blogging professionally in the lifestyles niche: healthy living, food, and the social web, since November 2005. I am an avid Twitter user with over 41K Followers as of April 09.
If you don't know what Twitter is or get what the big deal is, here I explain. This is what the word tweet means. And instead of calling folks "Followers" like what is the norm in Twitter, I like to refer to my crowd as tweeties. Sounds more affectionate and less kool-aid.
Here's my outlook on authentic living:
- Life: You are living who
you truly are. We’re not talking about
perfect; we’re talking about individual, what’s genuine for you.
From one of my favorite business motivation books, The Go-Giver by Bob Burg and John David Mann, "The Law of Authenticity: The most valuable gift you have to offer is yourself."
- Food: Mother Nature is the best chef around. Eating foods closest to their natural forms minus artificial ingredients, preservatives, and chemicals is one of the best ways to achieve and maintain a healthy body.
- Fit Body, Mind, Spirit: Physical exercise and movement are key factors to achieving and maintaining well being. Exercise is a natural mood elevator. Exercising one's mind by challenging yourself keeps us upbeat and interesting. Exercising one's spirit helps us evolve into being more loving human beings.
- Work: You're doing your life purpose work not working a job. One big difference between the two: one feels like a job, the other does not because you are doing what you love.
- Love: The motivation for what you do, choose, feel, or think has a foundation of love not fear. Examples. Love: Acceptance, Forgiveness, Giving, Humility, Higher Good. Fear: Guilt, Shame, Greed, Revenge, Selfish Good.
- Balance: A life that has equilibrium, give and take, and moderation.
I believe that when you start living a more authentic life amazing things start to happen! Here are FAQs, to answer more detailed questions about this blog and my qualifications like:
- The specific topics Everyday Tweet will focus on
- How I define an authentic life
- What makes me qualified at all cover this topic
- More on why tiny actions work and big plans tend to fail
Tweeting away the last 10lbs
I got on Twitter back in October 2007, as a way to help me lose the last 10lbs of 25 I was shedding. I know. Sounds kinda ridiculous, but I was blogging about my weight loss journey so I thought Twitter would be a great way for me to stay accountable to my exercise as I could tweet my workouts from my cell phone.
The fact that I knew people were watching me and expecting me to tweet in, made it much harder for me to skip out on the workouts. I'm a firm believer in walking the talk, and yes, if you're curious, I did drop those last 10 lbs, and I have kept off the 25lbs for over a year now. Healthy living is also part of an authentic life so we'll be sure to fill you up with tips on that topic.
We admire from afar
I am definitely hooked on Twitter because it is easy, effortless, useful, and hellah fun. I've also met some really cool people because of Twitter, and my life is better for it, so I believe it can be very helpful to others as well.
And before I go further, Everyday Tweet has no affiliation to Twitter the company at all, nor am I sponsored by them in anyway. There's no money or contracts involved. I'm simply a Twitter enthusiast who can't shut up about it.
Come back often and anytime!
Thank you again for stopping by! I hope you find Everyday Tweet helpful and fun. We are always open to tips, ideas, and guest contributors, so do contact me :)